For those who haven't heard the news, I'm going to be a Dees! Aaron proposed on 12/23 after much begging and pleading at my house (my dad needed to convince Aaron that I'd make a good wife ;) Just kidding). Aaron picked me up after my long day of Christmas shopping (who waits until the night before Christmas Eve to buy ALL of their presents... I DO!) and we headed to our destination. He took me on a gondola ride under the beautiful stars and as I watched the stars Aaron leaned over and asked me to marry him... I quickly responded without a hesitation "YES!"
I know what you're thinking... how could these two crazies possibly be capable of anything borderline romantic? The truth... We aren't. The real story, the one I don't like to tell people is I found the ring the night he was going to propose, under his dash. I reached for it and opened the box (OBVIOUSLY WITHOUT THINKING FIRST, my actions normally seem to be based off of that fact) and as that gorgeous ring flashed a big diamond smile at me, I quickly shut the box and hoped (PRAYED) he hadn't seen me.... To my dismay, he had. He then proceeded to pull over in the Bashas parking lot and proposed. But we don't tell that story.
The truth is we're perfect for each other, both incapable of romanticism and both complete NERDS. If he had proposed any other way it just wouldn't be us. I'm grateful for our goofy story and for the fact that I now get to spend forever with the best person in the world.
Life is sweet. It has never been better.
Welcome to our blog. More stories like this are sure to come!
Yea!!!!! I love reading blogs.
ReplyDeleteI love your proposal story! I mean the one about you finding the ring. I think it's sweeter than him planning a huge event. Congrats you two!
ReplyDeletethat is absolutely perfect girl. Im so excited for you both :)
ReplyDelete-Ashley
oh my goodness that made me laugh so hard. You are so funny, Im glad you have a blog. you guys are perfect for each other. And he was so super excited the night he proposed I am pretty positive he has way happy you saw the ring right away. so cute, you guys should go on a double date with us soon, I watch more kids now so it is mandatory we have a fun date night every week.
ReplyDelete-Lori
Ahh I love that story Brianna, just like I love your Aaron. I think he is wonderful! You are a lucky girl, just as I am sure he is a lucky guy. Hope to meet you some day!
ReplyDeleteu guys r so cute! I'm glad you have a blog, now if only I could remember how to copy your address bar to mine... You need a wedding day count down gadget thingy.
ReplyDelete