Sunday, January 2, 2011

Warner Fisher

Aaron's grandpa passed away in the evening on Thanksgiving. I just want to take a second to recognize what an amazing person he was. I only knew him for a short time, but he was always so friendly. I learned a lot more about him from other people after his passing, things I wish I knew about him before, but he never talked about himself, he was so humble. I remember driving to Jill's house after work and seeing Warner hiking the street to go do some yard work countless times. It was the street no one would ever just walk down, except for him. I know, for me, it was much to long of a walk to make. When I would pass him he'd just smile and wave. I remember dinners at Jill's while Aaron and I were dating, how kind and gentle he'd wheel his wife to the table. I knew he loved her just by watching the way he cared for her. These were the things I knew about him. At the funeral I was able to listen to Aaron's uncle tell stories of Warner that only proved more of what I knew, he was a great and wonderful person. I am grateful for the wonderful example he was in my husband's life. Through his life stories that were shared at the funeral we learned of his kind, charitable heart, and his love for his Savior and Heavenly Father. I know it is difficult for him to be gone for everyone, but I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel, that this is not the end.

Angie took this picture. It has a special meaning as we celebrated Grandpa Fisher's life


We were able to go to Utah to see the burial with Lori, Trevor, Preston, Melanie, Verlynn, and Jill. We stayed with Tiffani and her family (if you are reading this thanks for the hospitality!) and enjoyed the cold weather we weren't getting in Arizona. It was an emotional but very good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment